“Young Guides”: A Tour of the Western Wall Tunnels and the Chain of Generations Center Led by the Bat Mitzvah Girl
The Western Wall Heritage Foundation offers a unique opportunity to Bat Mitzvah girls to lead a tour for their families in one of two Western Wall sites – the Tunnels or the Chain of Generations Center.
Every visit to one of the Western Wall’s sites carries within it an emotional experience that connects participants to the history of the Jewish People and its chain of generations. When the tour participants are the family members and close friends of the Bat Mitzvah girl (who is also the guide), the experience is exponentially strengthened. Leading the tour brings the Bat Mitzvah girl to a level of maturity and leadership, and demonstrates the new responsibilities she accepts by reaching the age of the observance of mitzvot (commandments). It also emphasizes the honoree’s connection to the roots of the Jewish People through the generations.
Guiding the tour of the Western Wall site requires advance preparation and includes 2-3 meetings with an experienced guide in order to study and become familiar with the material needed for the content and leading of the tour.
6-8 weeks before the event
- Cost of Tutorial (not including the price of entrance to the site as listed below):
- Western Wall Tunnels – 840 NIS paid by credit card when registering (twins or joint bar/bat mitzvah additional 250 NIS)
- Chain of Generations Center – 645 NIS paid by credit card when registering (twins or joint bar/bat mitzvah additional 250 NIS)
- Cancellation of meeting in advance: credit of 150 NIS. Not showing up to a meeting: full charge
- Entrance fees to sites will be collected on the day of the event according to the number of participants at full price – (15 NIS per child/ 30 NIS per adult)
The tour can accommodate up to 30 participants.
The “Young Guides” course is intended for young people celebrating their Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and does not necessitate their celebrating the actual event at the Western Wall.