The large hall synagogue opposite the ‘Great Layer’ of the Western Wall is a place of prayer.
As a rule, prayers will take place at the site under the supervision and management of the Western Wall Heritage Foundation.
Purposes of use:
- ‘Sunrise’ prayers will be held in the synagogue as arranged by the Western Wall Heritage Foundation, which will end up to 40 minutes after sunrise (there is no undertaking to do this every day).
- On sabbaths and holy days, there is also a service starting after sunrise.
- A ‘Welcoming the Sabbath’ prayer will take place only within the framework of educational activity of the Western Wall Heritage Foundation.
- Prayers on days when the main prayer plaza is closed.
- Women only prayers, in cases of stormy weather when the Torah is read (in the morning hours, when the women’s plaza at the Wilson Arch is full because of a bat-mitzvah).
- The synagogue will be used for classes and educational activities on weekdays, sabbaths and holy days within the framework of the educational activity of the Western Wall Heritage Foundation only.
- a. Prayer of a donor who donated more than $36,000 to the activity of the Western Wall Heritage Foundation, subject to payment of a sum of $1,000 for use of the synagogue for an hour and a half only.
- Prayer and a personal event in one of the Foundation’s halls for a donor who donated more than $54,000 to the activity of the Western Wall Heritage Foundation and subject to payment for use in the synagogue and one of the halls of a sum of $4,000.
* Until the treatment of the acoustic problems on the site is completed, praying by a donor will only be possible by reserving the site in advance.
Rules of use:
- The prayers will be conducted according to the Jewish law rules practiced in the prayer plaza at the Western Wall.
- No political events and/or sites of a commercial or marketing nature will be held at the site.
- The site is intended for 150 people, according to the safety procedures.
- Exceptional cases will require the approval of the Ceremonies Committee of the Western Wall Heritage Foundation.
- To make arrangements, on a space available basis, please complete the form below: